Monday, July 4, 2011

Bearly a Bear Challenge

THe challenge issued by ScrappinBears' was to make a card using a heart, a bear or both. Well I adore this digi from Sliekje and it is a Panda "bear". A panda bear is a bear (thankfully I didn't pick a Koala) however it isn't the teddy bear she was talking about. Also I tried adding a heart that said you make my heart flutter but it dirtied up the design aspect so it didn't make the cut. This is also pulling double duty tonight, this morning whatever its 2am and is done using the colors for this weeks color challenge in my card class. Yeah for two birds with one stone.
Artfully,
AmberSkye

8 comments:

Pam W. said...

He is one cute little guy. Yay that your card worked for two challenges. I've got to head to my stamp room to start creating.

Melinda Gleissner said...

Your coloring of this little bear is really wonderful!

Linda said...

Your card meets my challenge perfectly! It is adorable! Glad you were able to use in another challenge too! LOVE two-fers! Thanks for playing!

Charmaine Fuller said...

Great way to "kill two birds with one stone" Amber beautiful use of colors. Mission Accomplished.
Charmaine

Gina said...

Your coloring is beautiful on this!! Great way to get a two-fer! (isn't this week's color scheme for Card Camp a great one?!)

Lisa Oliver said...

OMGosh...this is absolutely ADORABLE (said in a high sing songy voice!) The panda and your watercoloring is fantastic. I love it without the sentiment but would definately go back to the drawing board and make another card with the sentiment because it goes so well - and of course because I am the Queen of Word Play :)

Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Congratulations, you won the "bear your heart" blog candy! Please e-mail me your address. (There is a button on my sidebar!)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your Panda card. Especially like your coloring. I'm fond of Pandas.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com