Saturday, May 14, 2011

Creative Target



I am always asked how I get ideas or how did you come up with that. Today I want to give you an example of where card ideas come from. My answer generally is everywhere but let me give you an example. I shop at Target I was wandering down the gift bag isle and one...or two caught my eye. Like this one:

So I turned the bag into a sketch:


And now the card I made from it.


Doesn't look the same at all anymore. So I take the inspiration and figure out what I like about it (color, layout ect) Then take it down to bare bone components. Look at my tools, in this case star punches. And recreate from there. This sketch then is added to my pile of sketches and when I have enough I bind them in a journal to keep forever. Hope this helps you find inspiration.
Artfully,
AmberSkye

3 comments:

Zack Lynch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

Love your card. It is bright and cheerful and just the card to see this great weekend.

Love your blog and your work.

Brenda said...

Next year in May, look up VC Rocks on Yahoo Groups or visit my blog and I'll have a link for it -- it's a great group of ladies -- most are SU demonstrators, but many are not. We get together from May-August each to be creative -- challenges, classes, blog hops (we're having one next weekend -- visit my blog and start hopping next Saturday) and sisterly love. I think you would enjoy it. Lots of emails, tho.