Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 1 Color Challenge

So we just started the online card class today and we have been issued a color challenge. So here is my card:
I used Rangers Broken China distress ink on the background, spiced marmalade on orange cardstock for vibrancy, layered with a strip of white and pink on the side. The peacock is from BoBunny Peacock Lane and the thank you stamp is from The Stamps of Life. Here is a short look at the color palette:
This is just the first card I made, I am sure I will end up making more before the week is out. I was just too wound up to sleep so I had to work up this card.
Artfully.,
AmberSkye

6 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

What a great use of the colors! Love the dry embossed background with the blue distress ink. Beautiful peacock :-)

Harriet H said...

Beautiful card.....

ThePurplePlace said...

Great take on the color combo! I'm also a member of the Card Camp and think its' going to be awesome!!!

See you at Camp!!

Lisa

Margie said...

I love the peacock and embossing!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful Peacock card. Especially like the way you colored & used the embossing for background. I posted mine today 6/29/11 and it is #266.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

LadyAmberSkye said...

Thanks everyone :) I am having loads of fun and making cards I normally wouldn't have. Thank for the comments I love it!